The Holy Bible is a Book of miracles, but also it is a miracle book. There is no doubt that the Bible is different than other books. Discover amazing facts about the Bible – God’s supernatural Book!
“LAMED. For ever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.”
Psalm 119 explains the many ways that God’s Word is special. Verse 89 reveals that God’s Word is supernatural. It is “for ever settled in Heaven.” God wrote the Bible in eternity past and gave it to mankind in sections over more than 1,000 years.
Truly, the Bible is a supernatural book!
President Ronald Reagan pointed to the miraculous Bible and said, “Indeed, it is an indisputable fact that all the complex and horrendous questions confronting us at home and worldwide have their answer in that SINGLE BOOK.”
Abraham Lincoln said, “I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from The Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.”
Napoleon said about God’s Supernatural Word, “. . . is no mere book, but A LIVING CREATURE that conquers all that face it”. The Bible is different than every other book. Consider the following facts about God’s Miraculous Book. Click To Tweet
The word Bible simply means “book.” But this is no ordinary book. It is the “Holy Bible.” It is the sacred Book of the Creator. It’s the only Book that God ever wrote.
The Bible has appealed to people from every tribe and nation throughout the ages. No other book has so changed individuals and transformed societies. Yet, this book has a unity and cohesion that leaves a discerning person only one logical explanation: There is ONE AUTHOR – God Almighty.
The Holy Bible is the history book of the Universe. God revealed Himself to mankind in the Garden of Eden. For thousands of years, the Creator spoke to mankind through dreams, visions, angels, or Old Testament appearances of Christ. Unfortunately, God’s people would only hear new information from God at random intervals.
In His infinite wisdom, God chose to give us a written record of historical events and principles for life.
2 Peter 1:3–4
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
The facts prove the Holy Bible to be the written Word of God.
Consider these amazing facts about God’s Word.
1. Amazing Facts About The Bible – Its Preeminence.
The Bible is different than every other book. Consider the following facts about God’s Miraculous Book.
- The Bible claims to be written by God Almighty.
- Almost 2.5 BILLION people in the world claim the Bible as the Holy Book of God. That is over 1/3 of the people on the planet.
- The first book ever printed on a moveable type press was the Bible.
- More Bibles have been printed than any book in the history of the world.
- The Bible is the best-selling book every year. It is excluded from bestselling book lists because it would always rank the highest.
- Over 100 million Bibles are printed every year.
- Robert Aitken’s Bible (The King James Version without the Apocrypha) was the first English Bible printed in America.
- Over 90% of Americans own at least one Bible, whether as a gift or a purchase, but only 12% read it daily.
- It is estimated that the average American owns 9 Bibles.
- Bible sales earn more than $400 million every year.
- Over 60,000 people use a certain Bible app at any given moment.
- Three people every second share some form of Biblical quote or verse to their social media outlets.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, over 5 BILLION copies of the Bible have been sold since 1851. To put this in perspective the next best-selling book of all time is ‘Don Quixote’ by Miguel de Cervantes which sold over 500 million copies.
- Guinness estimates that in the last 2,000 years over 5 TRILLION copies of the Bible have been sold.
- You can read the Bible out loud in less than 80 hours at a leisurely, but consistent pace.
- The Bible has inspired more song lyrics than any other book.
- On a humorous note, the Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world. I guess the thieves have never read as far as the Ten Commandments!
- The influence of the King James Bible on our culture cannot be overestimated. Many common phrases originated in the Bible such as ‘When I was a child, I spake as a child’; ‘Eat, drink, and be merry’; ‘From strength to strength’; ‘By the skin of our teeth’; ‘salt of the earth’; ‘Our Father, which art in heaven’; ‘A house divided against itself cannot stand’; ‘A drop in the bucket’; A scapegoat’; ‘A behemoth’ and many more.
- The full Bible has been translated into 532 languages. It has been partially translated into 2,883 languages.
2. Amazing Facts About The Bible – Its Perfection
Consider the following facts about how perfectly the Bible (KJV) is constructed.
- 2 Testaments
- 66 books
- 39 books in the Old Testament
- 27 books in the New Testament
- 1,189 Chapters
- 31,102 Verses
- 788,258 Words (not including the Hebrew Alphabet in Psalm 119 or the superscriptions listed in some of the Psalms)
- 3,116,480 Letters
- Psalms is the longest book by chapters. Jeremiah is the longest book by words.
- 3 John is the shortest book by verses. 2 John is the shortest book by words.
- The longest chapter is Psalm 119 with 176 verses.
- The shortest chapter is Psalm 117 with two verses.
- The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
- The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35.
- “Mahershalalhashbaz” is the longest word in the Bible. It is found in Isaiah 8:3.
- There are at least 185 songs in the Bible. 150 songs are in the book of Psalms.
- The Bible was written over a 1500 year span (from circa 1400 B.C to A.D. 100)
- Over 40 generations
- With 40 authors from many walks of life
- In different places
- At different times
- On three continents (Asia, Africa, and Europe)
- In three languages (Hebrew, Aramaic [Chaldee], and Greek)
- The middle verses of the Bible are Psalm 103:1-2. “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:“
- The first phrase of the Bible is “In the beginning God…”
- The last word of the Bible is “Amen.”
The Holy Bible is the only book God ever wrote. It is a supernatural book that is different than any other book on the planet.
Marvel at the beauty, power, and majesty of the Holy Word of God.
Thank God Almighty for His Miraculous Bible!