This much-used essay seems to get more relevant as time passes…
We have taller buildings but shorter tempers; wider freeways but narrower viewpoints; we spend more but have less; we buy more but enjoy it less; we have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, yet less time; we have more degrees but less sense; more knowledge but less judgement; more experts, yet more problems; we have more gadgets but less satisfaction; more medicine, yet less wellness; we take more vitamins but see fewer results. We drink too much; smoke too much; spend too recklessly; laugh too little; drive too fast; get too angry quickly; stay up too late; get up too tired; read too seldom; watch TV too much and pray too seldom.
Have you ever set a goal that you didn’t reach? We all have. Many. Many. Times. Don’t give up! Goals work if you learn how to set them properly and follow through on them faithfully. Use this checklist to create powerful goals that will boost your confidence and enrich your life.
Most people use the term “goal” loosely. They call dreams, desires, and wishes goals.
- Lose weight.
- Have a better marriage.
- Be a better parent.
- Be closer to God.
This mistake creates a self-destructive loop of dashed hopes and continuing mediocrity. New Year’s resolutions are a great example of this trend. A University of Scranton study suggested that only 8% of people who make New Year’s Resolutions achieve them. The statistics on resolutions get worse from there.
- Many stick with them for less than a week.
- Less than half keep them for more than six months.
- Can be listed up to 10x without success.
According to StatisticBrain.com, this image shows the top ten New Year’s resolutions of 2017. (more…)
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by life’s responsibilities? Do you feel like you are failing in a vital area? Would you like to finally get control of your schedule and finances? Then it’s time to get your life in order! Be more productive in every area of your life with the Biblical principles shared in this Stewardship Kit.
We are stewards of the gifts and blessings of God. One day we must give an account to our Lord of how we used our resources and opportunities. These Bible lessons will enable you to have the best year of your life and give you the tools to live as a wise steward.
In today’s busy world, you will not be successful by accident. There have never been more things competing for your time, talent, and treasure. Responsibilities and distractions are at an all-time high in the digital age. If you aren’t careful, the things that matter most will not get the attention they need. Relationships will suffer, and your quality of life will decrease if you don’t live on purpose.
You can order your life in such a way that will enable you to be productive and fulfilled while you accomplish your goals, build meaningful relationships, and make an eternal difference. But you must decide to live on purpose by Biblical principles if you are to please God and accomplish your purpose.
- What values do you live by?
- What are your priorities?
- When does saying “no” actually mean “yes” to things that honestly matter?
- How do you create a sustainable schedule built around your most important roles and responsibilities?
- What four types of giving should you practice regularly?
- Why is accountability essential to being a good steward?
- What are the Biblical goals I should set this year?
- Why should God trust me with wealth?
- How do I build a stable and structured life?
- How can I finally conquer my finances with a budget?
- What is the Bible way to be productive and get things done?
- Why is consistency one of the most important attributes of success?
- How do you protect yourself from burnout while helping others?
- Why is now the time to let God remake your life?
- How do you overcome when you feel like a failure?
- What five simple changes can radically change your health?
- What does your giving reveal about your attitude towards life & God?
Answer these important questions and more as you complete the Set Your Life In Order Stewardship Kit. It includes over 12 hours of instruction with helpful worksheets.
For years, I have spent every January teaching Biblical principles of Stewardship. I have combined 17 of the most important lessons with corresponding documents into the SET YOUR LIFE IN ORDER Stewardship Kit. These lessons have been learned through Bible study and life experience.
I have always been (more…)
95% of Americans celebrate Christmas, but many have forgotten what it’s all about. Do you know the true meaning of Christmas?
I love Christmas! I enjoy the red and green decorations, the fun music, the anticipation of gifts, and extra time with family. However, the meaning of Christmas is so easily lost by the commercialization and busyness of the season.
Do you know the meaning of Christmas?
- Christmas is not about Santa!
- Christmas is not about Mary!
- Christmas is not about money!
- Christmas is not about gifts!
- Christmas is not about vacation!
CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT (more…)
You can’t watch the news over the past few months without constantly hearing about sexual assault, misconduct, and harassment. What used to be spoken of in police offices and courtrooms has become a subject for daily conversation. Here’s my take…
Sexual Deviance is Real and Pervasive.
I am not surprised by sexual deviance. When you use God’s definitions, we are surrounded by it every day. The sexual sins that God warns us about in the Bible are accepted and abundant in our society today. The two most common forms of sexual sin mentioned in the Bible are (more…)