For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Time was designed by God as a tool for man to number his days and apply his heart unto wisdom. If we do not pay attention, life will pass us by so quickly that we waste it and lose our opportunity to make a significant difference in the world. Time has built-in checkpoints to remind us to pay attention to where we are and where we are going. We call them minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, etc. The New year is a great time to reevaluate our lives. Below is a list of Biblical Goals for the New Year as given in a sermon at Curtis Corner Baptist Church. You can listen to the sermon here for details on each point.
Biblical Goals for the New Year
- Put Faith in the Saviour today. Hebrews 3:7-19
- Follow the Lord in Baptism Mt 28:18-20, Acts 8:35-39
- Seek God constantly.
- Wicked don’t seek God Ps 10:4, 14:1-3
- Thirst 63:1
- Put Christ First in everything. Mat 6:33
- Get your love life right.
- Not World I Jn 2:15
- Godly things Col 3:1
- God First Mt 22:37-38
- Love people Mt 22:39, I Cor 13,I Jn 2:7-11
- Be a student of God’s Word
- Yield not to Temptation I Cor 10:13
- #473 in Living Hymns
- Choose to be Like God.
- Start with the Big 10 Ex 20:1-17
- Yield as Spirit Guides Ro 12:1-2
- Build your life around the local church. Heb 10:25
- Make the Healthy Choice I Tim 4:8
- Eat as God intended
- Exercise spiritually
- Be Godly
- Ministry Eph 4:11-12
- Fulfill the Roles God has given you.
Ask yourself these important questions:
What does God want you to do this Year?
What would you do for God if you had the faith & courage to do it?
How do you want to feel this time next year?
Seek God now.
Make SMART goals.
Ask God for grace to be faithful.